Pristine beaches, hinterland beauty and relaxed lifestyle - only at Byron Bay...
Byron Bay and its surrounding Shire is famous for its beautiful beaches, rural beauty, relaxed lifestyle and its writers and musicians, artisans and filmmakers. It boasts a fabulous climate with temperatures of 22°C – 30°C in summer and 15 °C – 22°C in winter. No wonder Byron Bay is one of the top holiday destinations in Australia!
The management team at Mariner Bay Apartments love living here! Let us be your friendly guides to this pristine area of the Northern Rivers.
Byron Bay has a lively calendar of festivals and events including the Byron Bay Markets on the first Sunday of each month at Butler Street, across the railway tracks from the main part of town. Byron Bay Market is a social and cultural hub of the community with well over 300 market stalls with a focus on locally made goods and produce. For those after organic and local produce try the Byron Bay Farmers Market held every Thursday morning from 7.15 am in the same location.
Why not have a game of Golf whilst in town? Byron Bay Golf Club is a picturesque 18 hole golf course, ranked in the top 100 public access golf courses and in the top 50 ‘value for money’ courses in Australia.
Rent a sufboard or standup paddleboard, or take to the cycle ways on a bicycle. Try kayaking with the dolphins, or diving on Julian's Rocks in the Bay. For the more adventurous there are hang gliding and parachuting locally. Or ride a horse along the fabulous beaches.
Byron boasts the hosting of Splendour in the Grass (July), the fabulous Bluesfest (Easter), Byron Bay Writers Festival and Byron Bay Surf Festival (May) - just to name a few. Don’t forget about our very famous lighthouse.
By night the lighthouse is Australia’s most powerful East Coast beacon, by day the backdrop for hang gliders which soar in the thermals off the Cape. Those who prefer more down to earth activities can explore the world famous Cape Byron walking track and watch dolphins play in the waves below. Not to be outdone by the dolphins, the Humpback whales can be seen breaching and playing off the waters of the Cape as they migrate north in May/June and return in October/November.
Take a drive through the lovely hinterland to visit small towns such as Bangalow and Nimbin. Or visit one of our local coastal towns - family friendly Brunswick Heads, or surfing paradise Lennox Head. There is so much for everyone in Byron Bay, you will want to return again and again!
There is so much to see and do for everyone – here are just a few suggestions:
- Watch the sunrise from the Byron Bay Lighthouse
- Surf, swim or relax at the many beautiful north facing Byron Bay Beaches
- Play a round of golf at the Links Byron Bay Golf Course
- Scuba dive & snorkel in waters of the Cape Byron Marine Park
- Enjoy a coffee at one of the many cafes
- Shop ’til you drop – surf-wear, galleries, ladies and men’s clothing stores, gift shops and more…
- Choose from a range of restaurants from 5 star seafood to great fish and chips, sushi, Thai – the list goes on.
- Don’t forget to explore the hinterland of Byron Bay, Bangalow, Mullumbimby and Nimbin are a must see….
- For the energetic, a climb up Mt Warning (one hour north) with its fantastic 360 degree views from the top, followed by a dance at one of the many live music venues.
Click here to contact us for more information about our stylish and comfortable Byron Bay Accommodation Apartments.